This short return walk in Mount Kaputar National Park takes you to the platform with great views over the area. The main view is of the basalt cliff of West Kaputar, on your right. You also will enjoy the distance views over the Upper Bullawa Creek valley as well as over the Nandewar and Grattai wilderness areas. Well worth stopping and enjoying the short walk. Let us begin by acknowledging the Kamilaroi people, Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.