Starting from the Jetty Beach Camp Area at the end of Old Jetty Road, South Bruny National Park, this walk circuits the Labillardiere Peninsula via the Luggaboine and Labillardiere Peninsula Circuit tracks. Walking clockwise from the Jetty Beach campground, the trail takes you to the western coastline of the Labillardiere Peninsula. Climb Mount Bleak and deep your toes in the sea at Hopwood Beach before reaching Butlers Beach and finally return back to Jetty Beach. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.