Starting from Long Point Camping area this circuit walk takes you through rainforest and grassy heathlands for to great views over wilderness area of Macleay Gorge. Stop for lunch at Longpoint picnic area. Let us begin by acknowledging the Gumbaynggirr & Anaiwan people, Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.