Starting from the car park off Hilltop Road, Walpole, this circuit walk gives you a tour of the tingle and karri forest, during which you also visit the Giant Tingle Tree. This hollow giant is one of its kind with its enormity and shape, and the species itself is only found in this part of the world. You can experience the sublimity while standing beside it and only wonder how unbelievable mother nature is. Being a dreamlike walk, it is suitable for families and young children with informative signs and QR codes along the track. You might want to wear proper footwear and clothing as the area can get relatively wet after rainfall. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.