Starting from Berlang Campground this track soon crosses Shoalhaven River (be ready to get your feet wet) then continues through dry eucalypt forest and nana heath all the way to The Big Hole - a roofless limestone cave which measures over 100m in depth and 50m in width. Let us begin by acknowledging the Ngunnawal people, Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.