Starting from Sundial Car Park, Bellfield, this return walk takes you to Sundial Peak Lookout and back. As you traverse through the southern side of the Wonderland range, you can enjoy the heath forest before you reach the peak. The area offers you marvellous views during springtime with a brilliant display of wildflowers and picturesque views. There are also certain vantage points where you can enjoy the valley beneath you. The area is suitable for picnicking, and for the enthusiast, birdwatching is also possible. The walk is relatively easy, only with a steep section towards the middle. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.