Starting from Mara Creek picnic area in the north this one-way walk takes you to Lake Arragan Campground via the Angourie Track. The walk follows the coast through coastland heath and along seaward side, past several bays. You can make it a two-day walk by spending the night at Shelley Head Campground. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.
After another 35 m cross the bridge (about 8 m long)
Then pass the car park (30 m on your left).
After another 40 m pass the toilet (10 m on your left).
The starting point of an optional sidetrip. Side trip to Angourie Back Beach with great views along the coastal area. To start this optional side trip veer left here. On returning from this side trip turn left when you get back to this intersection. Details below.
After another 50 m continue straight.
After another 820 m cross the bridge (about 45 m long)
After another 65 m veer right.
After another 3.7 km come to the "Shelley Head Campground".