Hallett Cove to Brighton via the Marion Coastal Trail
4 h 30 min to 7 h
↑ 508 m ↓ -508 m
Starting from the Boatshed Café car park on Heron Way, Hallett Cove, this walk leads to Brighton via the Coastal Walking Trail. Experience the unique environment along this section of Adelaide’s coastline, walking along the well-maintained boardwalk that winds its way over spectacular rugged cliffs. The scenery is stunning throughout, and there are access points to the variety of beaches along the coast. There are amazing views over the sea and the Adelaide coastline, and if you're lucky you may see dolphins and seals basking in the water. Interpretive signs along the way detail the area's unique geology and sea life. The trail mostly consists of boardwalk, steps and pathways. The numerous sets of stairs descending and ascending the steep gullies make for a decent workout, and require a moderate level of fitness. Water is available from several drinking water fountains, and there are also two toilets and two cafés along the way. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.