Starting from Lemon Tree Flat Campground this return walk in Kwiambal National Park leads you through white cypress pines to The Junction picnic area where you can have a lunch and a swim on one of small beaches. Let us begin by acknowledging the Kamilaroi people, Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.