Starting from the Halls Gap Picnic Reserve on School Road, Halls Gap, this walk leads to the scenic Boroka Lookout and back via the Boroka Track. This walk starts by following Stony Creek on a narrow trail, then ascends along the side of Mt Difficult Range. There are unrivalled views over the Halls Gap valley, Mt William and Wonderland ranges, the farmland plains, the distant Lake Bellfield from the lookout. Go early to see the sunrise set the rugged landscape ablaze with shades of gold, crimson and bronze. There are a few picnic grounds near the lookout with toilet facilities, car parks and water stations. This is a challenging but highly rewarding walk, with a 600m climb that pays off the effort with its amazing views. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.