Starting from Mount Thackeray Hiker Camp, Grampians, this return walk takes you to Mount Thackeray Summit and back. You can enjoy the exhilarating sunset over the surrounding plains after walking through the mint bushes and the open forest. The summit also offers you panoramic views of Victoria Range Remote, and incredible geological rock formations are a plus. There are steep sections towards the middle of the trail, so a certain amount of fitness level can be helpful. Additionally, as the rocks can be slippery and sharp, you might want to wear appropriate footwear. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.