Starting from Manja Shelter Car Park, Glenisla, this return walk takes you to Manja Shelter and back. The Shelter hosts fantastic Aboriginal Hand stencils in the area, along with animal tracks and stick figures. Additionally, the rock formations you can observe as you pass through stringybark forest are a little feast for your eyes. There are limited facilities at the car park, and the rocky sections can be a little challenging when it is warmer, so you might want to bring spare water with you. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.