Starting from Hollow Mountain Car Park, Laharum, this return walk takes you to Gulgurn Manja Shelter and back. The walk offers you both fantastic views from the surrounding mountains and insight into Aboriginal culture with paintings and motifs only found in the Grampians. The paintings tell stories of the Jarwadjali people and the landscape they call Gariwerd. Additionally, it is possible to observe the wildlife around the area while you are enjoying the magnificent view from the top. The walk is relatively short and suitable for most fitness levels. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.