Starting from Scout Camp Road near Scout Camp campsite this return walk takes you through Glenrock State Conservation Area to Flaggy Creek. You can see the historic Burwood Colliery. There are plenty of options if you want to prolong the walk by joining other trails or looping around the lagoon. Let us begin by acknowledging the Awabakal people, Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.
Turn on to Pacific Highway, A43 then drive for 380 m
Turn right onto Ocean View Parade and drive for another 1 km
Turn left onto Kahibah Road and drive for another 325 m
Turn slight right onto Hexham Street and drive for another 630 m
Turn right onto Burwood Road and drive for another 630 m
Turn left onto Scout Camp Road and drive for another 1.4 km
Turn by turn instructions & maps
Getting started Starting on a rough trail on the left side of the road, just before the signposted Scout property boundary. The walk heads up the rough embankment then follows a clearer wide management trail over the hill.....
Directions & comments
Find the car park at the start.
Find the Glenrock Scout Training Camp at the start.