This walk starts near the Trentham Railway Station & Visitor Information Centre, Victoria St, Trentham, visiting Lyonville and returning via the Domino Trail. Starting from the picturesque country town of Trentham, this shady trail passes through beautiful bushland, the habitat of kangaroos, many colourful birds, and the endangered Powerful Owl. This is an easy, wide, and flat trail with multiple off-trail possibilities. The main route ends at the site of the old Lyonville railway station, and signboards along the trail inform you about the area's history. Finish your walk at Radio Springs Hotel for a snack at the end. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.