Monument Hill walking track is a one-way track, starting at the end of Carri Street and finishing just near the historic Trial Bay Gaol. Enjoy the stunning views of the coastline along the way and see the historic monument built for German gaol internees. If you want to keep walking, allow extra time to return after stopping for a snack at the Trial Bay Kiosk. Let us begin by acknowledging the Dunghutti people, Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.
Getting started Drive into the parking area at the end of Carri St, Arakoon, just before the beach veer left and park near the toilet block and other picnic buildings. Start the walk by walking behind the toilet block, turning right to follow the 'Monument Hill Track' as it follows the coastline.....
Directions & comments
Find the car park at the start.
Find the toilet at the start.
After another 1.2 km continue straight.
After another 50 m continue straight.
After another 130 m come to a toilet.
About 120 m past the end is "Trial Bay Campground".