From Tallowa Dam Road this return walk takes you through Morton National Park to the shores of Lake Yarrunga (on Kangaroo River). Takes some time by the Kangaroo River for a swim and just soak up the feeling of being away from it all. Continue down the more narrow track at the end of the fire trail to get to the water's edge. Let us begin by acknowledging the Wodi Wodi & Wandandian people, Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.