Starting from Hotel Creek Road and Sugar Creek picnic area this short circuit walk in Wallingat National Park takes you through forest of cabbage palms and coachwoods, close to Pipeclay Creek. Let us begin by acknowledging the Biripi & Worimi people, Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.