Vic High Plains

Bushwalking pictures.
Forum rules
Please keep the width of embedded images (using [img] [/img] tags) in this forum to no more than 800 pixels wide (this will avoid them being clipped without notice by most users' window sizes). Attached images can be any resolution so long as the file size is no more than 1 MB (attachments will be displayed by the forums as thumbnails no larger than 800 pixels linked to the full-size image).

Please include a description of the pictures' content so that readers know what they're all about.

For topics focussed on narrative rather than the photos, please consider posting in one of the 'Trip Report' forums instead.

Vic High Plains

Postby Camminata » Tue 05 Sep, 2017 6:05 pm

Tried something different and strapped all my gear to MTB and set off on a 3 day loop adventure up the Fainters Trail and back down Timms Spur, covered approximately 65kms of bike and hiking (pushing the steed) ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkImage
The Inbetween Is Mine
Camminata
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: https://hikingtales55.blogspot.com
Region: Victoria

Re: Vic High Plains

Postby nezumi » Thu 07 Sep, 2017 8:24 am

Do you have a GPS/routelog/similar of this?

I have done some fire roads bikepacking, but this is getting more towards what I am after! I'd love to know what tracks exist that allow cyclists (rather than accidentally disturbing some walkers)
nezumi
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Re: Vic High Plains

Postby Camminata » Thu 07 Sep, 2017 9:14 am

nezumi wrote:Do you have a GPS/routelog/similar of this?

I have done some fire roads bikepacking, but this is getting more towards what I am after! I'd love to know what tracks exist that allow cyclists (rather than accidentally disturbing some walkers)

Hi Nezumi, no I don't have this route in gps , went off the Bogong Area map 1:50 3rd edition, walking and firetrails (management vehicle) tracks are marked on map , just avoid the walking trails. If you would like to know exact route I took send me a PM .

Thanks
The Inbetween Is Mine
Camminata
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: https://hikingtales55.blogspot.com

Return to Gallery