Lake Pedder pictures

Bushwalking pictures.
Forum rules
Please keep the width of embedded images (using [img] [/img] tags) in this forum to no more than 800 pixels wide (this will avoid them being clipped without notice by most users' window sizes). Attached images can be any resolution so long as the file size is no more than 1 MB (attachments will be displayed by the forums as thumbnails no larger than 800 pixels linked to the full-size image).

Please include a description of the pictures' content so that readers know what they're all about.

For topics focussed on narrative rather than the photos, please consider posting in one of the 'Trip Report' forums instead.

Lake Pedder pictures

Postby iandsmith » Sat 28 Mar, 2009 4:14 pm

So, here goes. Someone suggested I put something in the forums, so here's my effort.
By walking standards with what the rest of you do, this shouldn't be here, but I thought some of you might enjoy the pictures. I send emails when I'm on holidays explaining what I've been doing so I'll include that (and bore you even further).
I TAKE PICTURE, MANY PICTURE
Yes, I know you all know that, but I spent the night at Ted’s Camp near Strathgordon, hoping to get some sunrise shots by the water though it wasn’t really that special a place.
For once I missed the dawn or, actually, it missed me. A dense mist hung across the lake, denying the sun’s light and it was past 7 before I got moving.
I raced out and snapped off half a dozen before heading back to a place I noticed the night before; but where was it? At Ted’s the mist had almost totally broken up, back here it was dense with no view whatsoever.
I took a chance and pulled into a place called McPartlan’s Channel. I’d never been there before in my life, had no idea what the view might be like but at least it offered me access to the waterline of Lake Pedder, something I deemed important.
I made a cup of tea waiting for something to appear and eventually glimpses of a hill broke through. It looked quite nice so I started snapping. The fog started to dissipate and I snapped a whole lot more, placing some rocks out in the water so I could walk our and get an unimpeded view.
Hills appeared and clouds reflected themselves in the calm waters. I had lucked out and eventually shot around 140 in and hour and a half. I thought some of them might even qualify for the b^^^^^d files. For those of you who don’t know, that’s when a fellow photographer sees your pic and says, “B*****d”, as in “I wish I had taken that”. Only time will tell. Cheers all.
The attachment McPartlan Canal (5)sp.jpg is no longer available
McPartlan Canal (67)sp.jpg
Looking across Lake Pedder
McPartlan Canal (80)sp.jpg
Lake Pedder dawn
Teds Campsp.jpg
Ted's Camp
iandsmith
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

More Lake Pedder

Postby iandsmith » Sat 28 Mar, 2009 4:18 pm

Only pics this time
McPartlan Canal (5)sp.jpg
McPartlan Canal
McPartlan Canal (49)sp.jpg
Rising mist
McPartlan Canal (49)sp.jpg (56.97 KiB) Viewed 2463 times
McPartlan Canal (99)sp.jpg
Reflections
iandsmith
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Re: Lake Pedder pictures

Postby flyfisher » Sat 28 Mar, 2009 8:04 pm

Nice pics. Well done!!! :D

FF
If you don't know what I'm talking about, then you need to drink more.
flyfisher
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: landrover owners club of tasmania
Region: Tasmania

Re: Lake Pedder pictures

Postby Steve » Sat 28 Mar, 2009 11:34 pm

Very nice shots, loving the 3rd one. :wink:
One foot in front of the other, Hack all pain, Never stop walking.
Steve
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Tasmania

Return to Gallery