Lightning

Bushwalking pictures.
Forum rules
Please keep the width of embedded images (using [img] [/img] tags) in this forum to no more than 800 pixels wide (this will avoid them being clipped without notice by most users' window sizes). Attached images can be any resolution so long as the file size is no more than 1 MB (attachments will be displayed by the forums as thumbnails no larger than 800 pixels linked to the full-size image).

Please include a description of the pictures' content so that readers know what they're all about.

For topics focussed on narrative rather than the photos, please consider posting in one of the 'Trip Report' forums instead.

Lightning

Postby MickyB » Thu 08 Jan, 2015 11:27 am

Here are some photos of lightning from the storms we had last night, taken from my back deck. Lightning is something that fascinates me so I wold love to see others peoples photos as well.
Attachments
a.jpg
b.jpg
c.jpg
d.jpg
Sometimes, I use big words I don't always fully understand in an effort to make myself sound more photosynthesis.
MickyB
Auctorita modica
Auctorita modica

Region: Victoria

Re: Lightning

Postby Wilkography » Wed 14 Jan, 2015 2:13 pm

Awesome photographs. Can I ask what sort of settings you would use to capture these images?
Tasmania - Gods Own Country
Wilkography
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: Tasmania

Re: Lightning

Postby MickyB » Wed 14 Jan, 2015 5:03 pm

Thanks Wilkography.

The settings I used were f/4 ISO-100 Exposure time 8 seconds.

I am a novice at photography so someone else might be able to suggest better settings. This was my first attempt at photographing lightning . Although I was happy with my results I have seen some awesome lightning photos that make mine look very crappy indeed (not hard, I know :roll: ).
Sometimes, I use big words I don't always fully understand in an effort to make myself sound more photosynthesis.
MickyB
Auctorita modica
Auctorita modica

Region: Victoria

Return to Gallery