Something different

Bushwalking pictures.
Forum rules
Please keep the width of embedded images (using [img] [/img] tags) in this forum to no more than 800 pixels wide (this will avoid them being clipped without notice by most users' window sizes). Attached images can be any resolution so long as the file size is no more than 1 MB (attachments will be displayed by the forums as thumbnails no larger than 800 pixels linked to the full-size image).

Please include a description of the pictures' content so that readers know what they're all about.

For topics focussed on narrative rather than the photos, please consider posting in one of the 'Trip Report' forums instead.

Something different

Postby the_camera_poser » Thu 05 Feb, 2009 9:57 pm

These are from Narwantapu today- we walked out a bit along the scrub behind Baker's Beach, and then back along the beach.

A bit different to the usual....

A collection of Ladybirds in rafters at the Bird Hide
[Devil tracks on the dunes.....
Last edited by the_camera_poser on Fri 09 Oct, 2009 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the_camera_poser

Re: Something different

Postby MJD » Fri 06 Feb, 2009 4:49 pm

Nice photos. Perhaps the young one suspected that you had brought her along as devil bait. :)
Carpe diem
MJD
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: Tasmania

Postby Clownfish » Fri 06 Feb, 2009 10:38 pm

Some great macro shots there.
Clownfish
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Postby the_camera_poser » Sat 07 Feb, 2009 7:29 am

MJD wrote:Nice photos. Perhaps the young one suspected that you had brought her along as devil bait. :)

We told her if she didn't hurry up that we'd leave her for the devils to nibble on. I think I've read "where the Wild Things Are" one too many times to her, and she thinks she'd become Queen Maxine of the Devils
the_camera_poser

Postby Nick S » Sun 08 Feb, 2009 9:07 pm

The first pic of the coastal wattle is great.
Haha that last pic reminds me. Apparently I used to do the same on long walks as a kid, until I realised I was just falling behind... Well I'm still bushwalking today so it can't have been that bad an experience.
Nick S
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Return to Gallery