Overland Track in April

Bushwalking pictures.
Forum rules
Please keep the width of embedded images (using [img] [/img] tags) in this forum to no more than 800 pixels wide (this will avoid them being clipped without notice by most users' window sizes). Attached images can be any resolution so long as the file size is no more than 1 MB (attachments will be displayed by the forums as thumbnails no larger than 800 pixels linked to the full-size image).

Please include a description of the pictures' content so that readers know what they're all about.

For topics focussed on narrative rather than the photos, please consider posting in one of the 'Trip Report' forums instead.

Re: Overland Track in April

Postby DaveNoble » Sun 25 May, 2014 7:24 pm

kanangra wrote:I really enjoyed the photos and the report on your blog. I think my favourite is OT 9 which looks to be of Pelion Plains?

K.

Yes - Pelion Plains - a lovely place!

Dave
DaveNoble
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Postby DaveNoble » Sun 25 May, 2014 7:30 pm

GPSGuided wrote:Dave, forwarded your blog's link to a nature lover friend in the US and she was mightily impressed by the beauty of OLT and the images you captured. She wondered how much load you carried to sustain for 14 days along with all the camera gear. A legend!

I thought my pack was quite heavy - with food and gear for 14 days and the camera gear. I did go fairly lightweight with sleeping bag and clothing - to save a bit of weight, but still carried a good tent. I think my total weight starting out was about 21 kg of which 4 kg was camera gear (including 7 batteries!) - I did have a small tripod and a fairly heavy macro lens. One thing I never carried was water.

Dave
DaveNoble
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Postby tigercat » Mon 26 May, 2014 3:58 pm

Lovely photos, my favourites maybe Barn Bluff shrouded in mist. Brings back wonderful memories of my own trips in the area.
Wilderness: restful and healing for the mind and spirit
tigercat
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: Tasmania

Postby GPSGuided » Mon 26 May, 2014 5:35 pm

DaveNoble wrote:I thought my pack was quite heavy - with food and gear for 14 days and the camera gear. I did go fairly lightweight with sleeping bag and clothing - to save a bit of weight, but still carried a good tent. I think my total weight starting out was about 21 kg of which 4 kg was camera gear (including 7 batteries!) - I did have a small tripod and a fairly heavy macro lens. One thing I never carried was water.

Thanks! That's serious weight for civilian walkers these days. Yes, I already suggested to my friend that you likely didn't take water, which is plentiful and pure there in Tassie.
Just move it!
GPSGuided
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: New South Wales

Previous

Return to Gallery