DIY clear out.

Discussion about making bushwalking-related equipment.

DIY clear out.

Postby Mark F » Mon 06 Dec, 2021 1:59 pm

Hi folks. I have finally realised that I am not going to get all my diy projects under the sewing machine so have decided to release many of the fabrics and hardware I have collected over the years back into the community. Most have come from a range of US suppliers. See the Market forum for details as I post them over the next week or so.
"Perfection is attained not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to remove".
Mark F
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Australian Capital Territory

Re: DIY clear out.

Postby Moondog55 » Mon 06 Dec, 2021 2:12 pm

You too?
Yep my stash is far too large also but I'm going to wait until the New Year and the next white season is over to move my stuff on.
Ve are too soon old und too late schmart
Moondog55
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Victoria

Re: DIY clear out.

Postby andrewa » Fri 10 Dec, 2021 9:04 pm

Oh dear.

Whilst I still have 10-15 m of 2 Dimension polyant fabrics (maybe 20m?!), I also have realised that my sewing projects are limited.

Is that we have just realised that we are getting old, or is it a CoVid thing?…

At 59, with 2 newly made rucksacks 2 years ago, and pretty much no use in that time, I suspect they will see me out. It’s sad to have to accept that.

One of the things that keeps me going is the 89 yo Les Southwell , who died on Bogong maybe 4 years ago, doing a week long ski tour with a mate. If I can be like him, I have many many years of rucksacks and gear left in me.

A
andrewa
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: None
Region: Victoria

Return to Make Your Own Gear