Desktop version
Trip reports, stories, track notes. Multiple/large photos are OK in this forum.

Forum rules

Posting large/multiple images in this forum is OK. Please start topic titles with the name of the location or track.

For topics focussed on photos rather than the trip, please consider posting in the 'Gallery' forum instead.

This forum is for posting information about trips you have done, not for requesting information about a track or area.
Post a reply

The Ghandruk Loop | Himalayas, Nepal

Mon 12 Jun, 2017 4:49 pm

Hi everyone,

I recently returned from a short stay in Nepal, of which three days was spent exploring the 'foothills' (1000-2000m) of the Himalayas. The region is well renowned as the launching point for the famous Annapurna circuit, but as time was short we looped in towards Annapurna and then back out again, rather than around. In fact, our return journey followed much of the track you would use to access either Annapurna or Machapuchare base camps.

While it was a little unfortunate that the monsoon had begun to arrive, keeping much of the mountain tops shrouded in mist, we did still manage to sneak a few glimpses of the soaring Himalayas...enough to light a fire that says 'I must return'!!

I hope this article captures the spirit of the Nepalese, and the beauty of the Himalayas...

Hiking the Ghandruk Loop

22. Ghandruk Best Hiking Nepal - Mt. Annapurna South (Dakshin).jpg

Cheers!
Andrew.
Post a reply