Mount Donald, Wolfang (Clermont)

Queensland specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
Queensland specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

Mount Donald, Wolfang (Clermont)

Postby AvidExploration » Tue 13 Jun, 2023 8:18 am

Hi all,

I'm very interested in hiking Mt Donald near Clermont. It looks like it would have to be the best hike in the area.

With the limited information available out there, I've been able to uncover the need to contact the landowner to ensure permission to access. Problem is, I have no idea how to find this kind of information out. There used to be a website that offered free property title searches in Australia although these days all I can find are paid sites.

If anyone has the landowners contact details or knows how to find the info I need that would be much appreciated.
AvidExploration
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: Queensland

Re: Mount Donald, Wolfang (Clermont)

Postby tomh » Tue 13 Jun, 2023 12:39 pm

Your best bet is finding a bushwalking group familiar with Mount Donald and its landowner. Mainly due to a requirement for insurance, landowners prefer registered groups of some sort.Try this group:

https://townsvillehikeandexplore.com/central-queensland-hike-explore/
tomh
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Re: Mount Donald, Wolfang (Clermont)

Postby tomh » Tue 13 Jun, 2023 1:01 pm

The website quoted in my previous post has a relevant FAQ ....

"Can I grab details of landowners or property owners from you guys if I want to go along on one of your adventures myself?

"Unfortunately not. Michael Pugh has spent years building relationships with local and regional landowners who allow our group to access certain locations either through or via private property.

"Private property access and landowners requests relating to access are of the utmost importance and are to be respected and obeyed with no exceptions.

"Accessing certain areas is becoming more and more difficult due to the reckless and irresponsible sharing of detailed GPX files and downloadable content across local and regional websites/information sources which encourages trespass, vandalism and has unfortunately resulted in many local and regional adventuring spots being made ‘off limits’ to the public. Tragically we have also seen instances of the illegal and deliberate destruction and desecration of numerous sites of historical and cultural significance across our regions.

"Report illegal entry and trespass to the Qld Police service (131 444) or Crimestoppers (1800 333 000)"
tomh
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Return to Queensland