Wonnangatta Circuit (Speculation - Razor - Viking)

Victoria specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
Victoria specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

Re:Alpine Walking Track

Postby irigator » Wed 17 Apr, 2013 6:16 pm

After experiencing the devistation, of 'Black Saturday' the difficulty and tedious hiking through choked track's and excessive sappling re-growth , near Marysville late 2012.
I would be grateful if anyone can tell me the current track condition of the AAWT between the Viking and Mnt Hotham, or who i could contact re this imfomation ?
irigator
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: Victoria

Re: Wonnangatta Circuit (Speculation - Razor - Viking)

Postby capelsound » Mon 06 May, 2013 4:45 pm

Great walk out to The Viking via mac springs and mt spec over the weekend. We were going to climb down to the Wonnangatta from the south Viking, however we liked the cross cut so much we turned around and footed it back to mt spec. Great day. Had a great sunrise on Sunday on the summit.
capelsound
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Re: Re:Alpine Walking Track

Postby north-north-west » Mon 06 May, 2013 5:42 pm

irigator wrote:After experiencing the devestation, of 'Black Saturday' the difficulty and tedious hiking through choked tracks and excessive sapling re-growth , near Marysville late 2012.
I would be grateful if anyone can tell me the current track condition of the AAWT between the Viking and Mt Hotham, or who I could contact re this infomation ?

Haven't been that side of the Viking since November, but at that point the stretch from East Riley to the Viking ranged from pretty good to sheer Hell. Vic Parks would be the mob to contact to find out if there's been any maintenance on that section since.
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
north-north-west
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Social Misfits Anonymous
Region: Tasmania

Postby irigator » Tue 07 May, 2013 12:00 am

Thank's for the heads up, NNW.
I shall shoot 'Parks' a message requesting imfo on the AWT, East Riley to the Viking track maintenance.
irigator
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Postby madmacca » Tue 07 May, 2013 11:11 pm

John Chapman's site keeps an update of track conditions. http://www.john.chapman.name/aawt-upd.html
madmacca
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Previous

Return to Victoria