Monga Nat Park - proposed closure Crown Road foot access

NSW & ACT specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
NSW & ACT specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

Monga Nat Park - proposed closure Crown Road foot access

Postby davidp » Sun 03 Mar, 2024 11:03 am

Proposed closure / sale of Crown Road Public Access to Monga National Park Araluen

It has been brought to my attention that there is a proposed closure of a Crown Road near Araluen that appears to provide foot access to Monga National Park. I dont know if it is , or ever has been , used for foot access by bushwalkers but it does look on the map to be the easiest access point for that part of the National Park. i thought I should post this here as the objection period closes soon in case anyone is familiar with the area. I am also not sure how one lodges an objection. I searched the crown lands website without success.

The blue area is the National Park. The red lines are the potential foot access routes to be closed
Attachments
Araluen Monga National park.PNG
Araluen Monga National park.PNG (95.91 KiB) Viewed 778 times
davidp
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Region: Australian Capital Territory

Re: Monga Nat Park - proposed closure Crown Road foot acces

Postby DavidB » Sun 03 Mar, 2024 1:38 pm

I have no knowledge of this locality but objections to this proposal can be lodged with Crown lands.

This is from the advertisement listed for the road in question. Submissions close March 6.

Schedule 1:

Crown roads at Araluen, within and adjoining property at 99 Hospital Hill Road, property known as Duck Tree Ridge and 29,31,35,37 and 102 Hospital Hill Road (File ref: 21/01347, Cluster: 626140)

All interested persons are hereby invited to make submissions concerning the proposal to Department of Planning, Housing and Infrastructure - Crown Lands, PO Box 2215, DANGAR NSW 2309 within twenty-eight (28) days of the date of this advertisement.

Any person is entitled to make submissions with respect to the sale or disposal of the road. Please note that submissions may be referred to third parties (such as council or the applicant) for consideration in accordance with the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009.

For further enquiries please visit the website https://roads.crownland.nsw.gov.au/ or contact Jessica French by email at [email protected] or on T:02 6640 3951 quoting file references above.
DavidB
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Region: New South Wales

Re: Monga Nat Park - proposed closure Crown Road foot acces

Postby tom_brennan » Thu 07 Mar, 2024 12:00 pm

It's fairly easy to make a submission. See https://bushwalk.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 51#p403952 for an example of a previous one.

In general, I've had reasonable success in objecting to proposals which would alienate public land. Basically if you can show that there's limited alternative options for access, then that is often enough to prevent the sale.
Bushwalking NSW - http://bushwalkingnsw.com
tom_brennan
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: New South Wales

Return to New South Wales & ACT