2 night walk in the Blue Mountains open now?

NSW & ACT specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
NSW & ACT specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

2 night walk in the Blue Mountains open now?

Postby Chamullo » Wed 24 Aug, 2022 11:26 am

Hi all,

First post here... I've done a reasonable amount of day hiking but just starting to get into multi-day hikes.

I would really like to find a 3 day, 2 night hike in the Blue Mountains to do in the next few weeks but it seems like so much is closed ATM. Can anyone suggest anything like this that is currently open?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Ben
Chamullo
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: New South Wales

Re: 2 night walk in the Blue Mountains open now?

Postby jonnosan » Thu 25 Aug, 2022 8:25 am

there are some campsites that used to be drive-in but for now are only accesable by walking - e.g. Ingar campsite. Plus my interpretation of the park closure website is- the Murphys Glen campsite (which is normally full of car campers) is open for walkers but the road in is closed to cars. So one possibility could be walking in from Bedford Road to Murphys Glen for a night, then walking to Ingar for the 2nd night, then back via up to Bedford road and back to whereever the car is. Pretty much all on firetrail, with a few hundred metres down and up for the crossing of Bedford Creek.
jonnosan
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Region: New South Wales

Return to New South Wales & ACT