Link trail v the Corker

NSW & ACT specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
NSW & ACT specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

Link trail v the Corker

Postby Ant71 » Wed 02 Sep, 2020 8:53 pm

Hi everyone it is looking like my next trip in October will be canceled or postponed so looking for something else to do closer to home. Looking at heading to Barrington tops for a few days and heading to Wombat Creek as a base to head out for a few day walks. We have done the Corker before and I was just wondering if anyone had done both the Corker and the Link trail and how they compare for steepness and walk time TIA
Ant71
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Region: New South Wales

Re: Link trail v the Corker

Postby goobzilla » Thu 03 Sep, 2020 8:20 am

Great news, I did both the Corker trail and the link trail last week!

Going up the Corker, we started at 11:45am and reached the shoe cleaning hygiene station about 500m from wombat creek at 2:20pm, so 2hrs and 35 mins. As you may remember, its a steep walk with about 850m of vertical elevation gain, with most of the climb done in the first half.

The link trail took us just over 4 hours, we a small break in the middle. A lot more subdued in terms of steepness, with a net climb of about 200 or 250 vertical metres.

I enjoyed the Corker more just beause of the slog it takes to climb so much.
goobzilla
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Postby irrgent » Thu 03 Sep, 2020 11:10 am

I have only walked the link trail so couldn't tell you how the two compare in terms of time but I can tell you the link trail is much less steep than the corker. At the beginning of the link you are already at about 1250m so you don't need to climb much further, much of the trail is flat. You gain most of the elevation on the drive up to the beginning.
irrgent
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Postby Ms_Mudd » Fri 04 Sep, 2020 9:26 am

Just saw this and went to chime in, no need- seems all answered :-)
Have a wonderful adventure Ant71
Ms_Mudd
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Postby Ant71 » Fri 11 Sep, 2020 8:06 pm

Thanks everyone for the help. We got the call the others day we were headed to the light to light walk but it will be closed till the 1st November so Link trail and a bit of exploration around Junction Pools it is for early October. Thanks again Ant71
Ant71
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Return to New South Wales & ACT