Wanted: photo of Mt Anne sign

Tasmania specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
Tasmania specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

Wanted: photo of Mt Anne sign

Postby guyburns » Mon 13 Jul, 2020 6:32 pm

I'll be recording Chris Binks' commentary for his section of the Pedder AV this week (July 2020). His 50-minute script is final, but there's one photo I haven't got: a Mt Anne track sign.

The script is this sections reads:

For almost 20 years after Bessie’s adventure, the Mt Anne area remained a wilderness. You might set aside seven days to fully explore its lakes, tarns, and alpine areas. Four days… if you really squeezed, and left out the sight seeing.
But Mt Anne was compromised when the Scotts Peak Road cut through its lowlands in the late 1960s. Nowadays, Mt Anne can be climbed in one long day from Hobart. And behind you, all the way from the car park, is an artificial backdrop – the Lake Pedder impoundment.

It would be good to have a relevant photo for the "one long day" sentence. No hurry. The AV won't be finished until late 2021.

So, if you have a slide or digital of a sign that says something like "Mt Anne Track", any era, in focus, aesthetic looking, and are prepared to let me use it, you can gmail me at gdburns. If it's a slide, you must be willing to let me borrow and scan it.
There's a Blu-ray disk on offer for the most suitable photo.
guyburns
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Region: Tasmania

Re: Wanted: photo of Mt Anne sign

Postby GerryDuke » Wed 15 Jul, 2020 12:53 am

I knew I had one or two Guy.

05_03_PEDDER 076.JPG

1408 LAKE PEDDER 057a.jpg
1408 LAKE PEDDER 057a.jpg (311.03 KiB) Viewed 5335 times

Gerry
GerryDuke
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Operator of www.TouringTasmania.info web site

Re: Wanted: photo of Mt Anne sign

Postby guyburns » Sat 18 Jul, 2020 5:07 pm

Thanks Gerry. The first one crops nicely to 16:9. The metadata says 5 March 2006. Does that sound about right?

Let me know by email if you want the blu-ray or free entry to the show –- definitely at Ulverstone for three nights, possibly at other locations.
guyburns
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Return to Tasmania