Upper Liffey Falls

Tasmania specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
Tasmania specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

Upper Liffey Falls

Postby Kristina367 » Wed 03 Jun, 2020 9:41 am

Can anyone tell me the condition of the Liffey River track above Riversdale Rd.? The Breton map shows it going up to Highland Lakes Rd. Anyone been there in the last year or so? Kristina
Kristina367
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: Tasmania

Re: Upper Liffey Falls

Postby MrWalker » Wed 03 Jun, 2020 4:48 pm

Kristina367 wrote:Can anyone tell me the condition of the Liffey River track above Riversdale Rd.? The Breton map shows it going up to Highland Lakes Rd. Anyone been there in the last year or so? Kristina

Last August I walked from the main (upper) car park to where that track reaches the river. The track is wide and normally very easy to use, but it had a huge number of trees fallen across it, making it a real scramble to get through. I went only a short distance on from where the track reached the river, following the track upstream, and I think there may be less fallen stuff from there on up. I have walked from the lookout on highland lakes road down to the Falls car park and usually found it to be a very nice walk, but I haven't done that bit for a few years.
MrWalker
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Postby Kristina367 » Wed 03 Jun, 2020 7:52 pm

Thanks very much Mr Walker.
Kristina367
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Postby GerryDuke » Fri 05 Jun, 2020 12:41 am

If you get on to facebook Katrina. Robin Poulton is an expert in that area. He has been everywhere on the Tiers.
GerryDuke
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Operator of www.TouringTasmania.info web site

Return to Tasmania