Online Shop

Commercial posts in this forum are permitted. This forum is only visible to members. Topics deleted after 2 idle years.
Forum rules
Topics here should be bushwalking-related. Topic titles should begin with abbreviated state and/or town/suburb enclosed in square brackets IF the topic is only relevant to a particular location. Eg [TAS Hbt].

Topics posted by commercial organisations to advertise or discuss their own products or services are subject to the following additional limitations:
  • maximum of one topic per commercial organisation per week
  • posts from new or otherwise unknown advertisers may be rejected or deleted by moderators if they have any reason to think it might be spam - to be on the safe side, new advertisers can obtain permission from site admins before posting their first advertising topic
  • It must be clear that the post has been written by the organisation which produces or sells the product(s) or service(s) by filling in the "Associated Organisations" field in the user profile.

Note that any content, commercial or otherwise, which is deemed inappropriate for any reason may be deleted without notice.

Online Shop

Postby Son of a Beach » Tue 05 Feb, 2008 12:28 pm

In response to members requests for T-shirts, hats, stickers, etc with our site logo on them, the Bushwalk Online Shop is now open for business. Click the link to purchase all sorts of items with our site logo.

Below are pictures of a few of the items available. This online shop is by CafePress, so if there are any CafePress items that you would like to buy with our site logo that are not already on the shop front, please let me know, and I can arrange for them to be added.

Below are a few of the items already available. NB: To see all available items, you'll have to go to the online shop itself. The pictures below show only a few of them.

Mens & Unisex T-Shirts & Tops (Surely the signature item for us is the bright green T-shirt):
Image Image Image Image

Women:
Image Image Image Image

Baby & Kids:
Image Image Image Image

Miscellaneous:
Image Image Image Image
Son of a Beach
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Bit Map (NIXANZ)
Region: Tasmania

Re: Online Shop

Postby Son of a Beach » Wed 20 Feb, 2008 10:57 am

I've just received my first purchase from the online shop. It took exactly 14 days to arrive.

My wife (who is a seamstress) has inspected my new "Bushwalk Green T-shirt" and she reckons that the quality is good. It is "Hanes" brand and (having spent a year in the USA) she says Hanes is like an American equivalent of "Bonds" in Australia - a standard brand of T-shirts and underwear known for affordability and good quality.

The label is actually printed on the inside of the garment instead of sewn into the seam, which avoids the itchy neck syndrome.

When others receive their goods, please let me know how they look, and let me know of any problems with the quality. Note that if you're unhappy with any item, you have 30 days to return it for a full refund, minus shipping (although it may not be easy to meet these 30 days for international shipping).
Son of a Beach
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby ben.h » Wed 27 Feb, 2008 5:29 pm

Mine arrived yesterday too :) (ordered 05/02, arrived 26/02 = 21 days for me). I wore the short sleeve light t-shirt to work today and yeah, it's comfy and I'm satisfied with the quality. The logo appears to be centred and the height is just right ;). FYI: I haven't worn the long sleeve one yet but it does have an ordinary tag for the label (it's a Haynes "Beefy - T"). I like the shirts. On the other hand, the sticker didn't look very good on my car so i stuck it on my laptop instead :P

edit: I'd be interested in a quality comparison between the $9 value t-shirt vs. $16 light t-shirt.
ben.h
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Postby Son of a Beach » Wed 30 Apr, 2008 11:34 am

ben.h wrote:I'd be interested in a quality comparison between the $9 value t-shirt vs. $16 light t-shirt.

OK, so I just received a "Value T-Shirt" today, so I can now let people know if the low-cost option is any good. In short, 'yes' it appears to be a good quality T-shirt.

It is a Hanes 'Heavyweight' (made in Haiti).

So the Value T-Shirt does appear to be good quality for a much reduced price.
Son of a Beach
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby Son of a Beach » Sat 06 Dec, 2008 3:21 pm

I've just noticed that our online shop provider (CafePress) now allows you to select between several currencies (including Australian Dollars). I don't know when they introduced this change, but it will certainly make it easier for most forum users (you'll find that the prices in AUD fluctuate as they are based on daily conversion rates to USD).

Another point of note is that I've removed the small markup on all items in the shop. So everything is a tad cheaper now that it has been since the Aussie Dollar tanked a couple of months ago. Note that I have no intention to re-introduce any markup. It's of value to us just to have the URL and logo out in the real world here and there, not just in cyber-space.
Son of a Beach
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby Son of a Beach » Tue 05 Oct, 2010 11:26 am

In addition to the already extensive range of bushwalk.com branded products available at the Bushwalk Australia online store, I've just added a bunch of new products, of which the most useful for bushwalkers is likely to be the water bottles. They're a bit like the SIGG bottles which are also available at the store, but a different brand, different shape, and MUCH cheaper.

There's also a variety of shapes and sizes of thermos products, and a solid can/stubby holder, amongst other things.
Attachments
New Products.png
Son of a Beach
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby Speculator » Tue 05 Oct, 2010 12:20 pm

Ooh, and with my birthday coming up and everything! :)

L8r.
---
Peak bagging points: 10. Peak bagging bagging points: 10000.
Speculator
Optimus Imago
Optimus Imago

Postby Kelly Jones » Wed 15 Dec, 2010 8:03 pm

Where is the "Food to go" ebook with recipes for hiking?

KJ
Kelly Jones
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Postby Son of a Beach » Thu 16 Dec, 2010 11:41 am

Kelly Jones wrote:Where is the "Food to go" ebook with recipes for hiking?

KJ

That's not a bushwalk.com product, but it certainly a very good read (I learnt a fair bit, myself). It's available from frank_in_oz blog, or directly from here (that's a commission-for-me URL).
Son of a Beach
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby Kelly Jones » Thu 16 Dec, 2010 12:19 pm

Thanks, bonus veloxque administrator.
Kelly Jones
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Postby Chrisbulldog » Fri 11 Nov, 2011 3:45 pm

Not wanting to be a fly in the ointment , but I have ordered and paid for (have bank statement showing the debit) for BT sticker in early September but still
no arrival. I reported this to Cafe express 3 weks ago. They gave me a response number , but still no arrival yet. Perhaps if anyone is considering a purchase,
buy something cheap first to see what happens.
Valentine's Peak , Overland Track , Walls of Jerusalem , The Temple
Chrisbulldog
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Postby Son of a Beach » Mon 14 Nov, 2011 12:30 pm

Yikes... still not arrived! Any further follow up with Cafe Press.

I think at this stage, you should probably ask for your money back, if they cannot guarantee delivery some time soon.
Son of a Beach
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby Chrisbulldog » Fri 22 Jun, 2012 4:11 pm

Just a word of warning, the sticker i referred to above has still not arrived. Reluctant to order anything more expensive yet.
Chrisbulldog
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Online Shop

Postby Son of a Beach » Fri 22 Jun, 2012 4:28 pm

Did you get any further response from CafePress when you submitted your problem to their help desk?

Did you follow up further with them?

I suspect that it's probably too long ago now, but can you send me copies of all correspondence with them by private message? I can try to chase them up further too.
Son of a Beach
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby Chrisbulldog » Sun 24 Jun, 2012 9:07 am

yes to the above questions. I'll send those details to you. They even provided a problem number
Chrisbulldog
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Postby Son of a Beach » Mon 25 Jun, 2012 10:00 am

PS. Send me your postal address while you're at it. I think I may still have a few spares so I can send you one of mine. I'll still chase up the people at the shop though, as well.
Son of a Beach
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby Lindsay » Thu 31 Oct, 2013 12:50 pm

Just a quick question, did anything happen re: the little badges that could be fixed to a pack strap that were being discussed a few months back?
Lindsay
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Region: New South Wales

Return to Specials, Discounts, Adverts