Guy attachment strength question

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Guy attachment strength question

Postby Moondog55 » Tue 09 Apr, 2024 11:32 am

For the little BD Betalite I have.
The fabric loops are simply two layers of silnylon stitched into the seam held by a couple of rows of triple straight stitching. I think I need to buy some much lighter guy lines to use with this little bivvy tent.
The lightest cord I have is some Lawson Glo-Wire from TierGear and I'm wondering what I should look at getting
The Megalite has much stronger loop attachments so I was also wondering if I should re-sew these with better tape and attached small line-locks
Ve are too soon old und too late schmart
Moondog55
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Victoria

Re: Guy attachment strength question

Postby Moondog55 » Tue 09 Apr, 2024 8:16 pm

While I'm on the subject.
Any body here used this first iteration of the Betalite in gnarly weather and comment on the performance?
If I'm getting the sewing machine set-up and need to add tape tabs I may as well do all and everything at once.
Moondog55
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Re: Guy attachment strength question

Postby Moondog55 » Fri 12 Apr, 2024 8:37 am

I found a U-Tube of a Golite in strong winds.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ji0JNewsN4c
There not being much difference in shape between the Go-Lite 2 and the BD Betamid where would be the best location for tabs to guy the tarp out?
In your opinions that is
Moondog55
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Return to Equipment