Overpriced socks

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Re: Overpriced socks

Postby crollsurf » Tue 11 Jan, 2022 11:32 am

Be aware there is Darn Tough (Australia) and Darn Tough Vermont (USA). Because of trade mark issues, you will not find Darn Tough Vermont in store. You will find then on most sites like Wiggle, Sock Addict etc but they wont ship to Australia. Amazon and ebay are the only places I know where you can get them.
crollsurf
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: New South Wales

Postby Turfa » Tue 11 Jan, 2022 12:16 pm

crollsurf wrote:Be aware there is Darn Tough (Australia) and Darn Tough Vermont (USA). Because of trade mark issues, you will not find Darn Tough Vermont in store. You will find then on most sites like Wiggle, Sock Addict etc but they wont ship to Australia. Amazon and ebay are the only places I know where you can get them.

Good point !!
Darn Tough Vermont are the ones you want, but they are a bit difficult get hold of here.
Turfa
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Australia

Postby warnesy » Sat 15 Jan, 2022 9:19 pm

Darn Tough are so great. I’ve used my pies for everything. I went to the US in December and got a few more sent to my hotel and sent back half a dozen pairs that had various holes and thinning. Now have a big credit to use when I go back next. Got to love a lifetime guarantee (but you need to be in the US to use it!).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
warnesy
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Australian Capital Territory

Previous

Return to Equipment