Fat Gaiters

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Fat Gaiters

Postby Macca81 » Sat 11 Apr, 2009 11:41 pm

hey all,

im after a pair of gaiters, but being a shortish bloke (~175cm) i dont have long legs. normaly not a problem. but i come from a cycling background and as such i have particularly large leg muscles.

as a result, i tried on numerous pairs of gaiters and found the extra large quagmire to be a snug fit in terms of girth, but considerably to long.

anyone know of where i can get odd sized gaiters? i have a pair atm and while too long, they are not very stiff so can be pulled down a bit. dont think they will be very long wearing tho...

cheers
Macca
geoskid wrote:nothing but the best of several brands will do :)
Macca81
Auctorita modica
Auctorita modica

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Herbalife
Region: Tasmania

Re: Fat Gaiters

Postby NickD » Sun 12 Apr, 2009 10:53 am

You could try WE Bush Gaiters. They seem to be generous at the girth.
NickD
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Re: Fat Gaiters

Postby tasadam » Mon 13 Apr, 2009 10:57 pm

There has been some discussion on custom made gaiters. Try contacting forum member Penguin via PM - I think he knows a bit about it.
Good luck!
tasadam
Magnus administratio
Magnus administratio

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: TasmaniART, Smitten Merino, Macpac

Return to Equipment