Attaching links to gallery posts

Discussion about this site, including these forums (eg, suggestions, comments, queries). Topics may be manually deleted occasionally (eg, after suggestions dealt with, or changes bedded in).

Attaching links to gallery posts

Postby rwildman » Sun 05 Apr, 2020 11:26 am

I noticed on one report (I think from tasadam) that they were able to link a gallery post into their main index post. I ran into the 10 attachment limit on my last post and wanted to add some more photos (not too many) but was thwarted by the system (with which I have no problem). This seemed a very good way of just having a few more photos for the story. How is this done please?
rwildman
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: New South Wales

Re: Attaching links to gallery posts

Postby Son of a Beach » Mon 06 Apr, 2020 1:13 pm

If you have a look at the main Gallery forum page, you will see two announcement topics near the top of the page (above the main list of topics). One with instructions for uploading photos (this is where there is a limit on how many photos you can upload) and one with instructions on how to embed photos that are already hosted somewhere on the internet. Although this second topic says, "other sites", it applies equally well to photos that are already hosted on this site in other topics.

Take a look at it, and see if it makes sense. If not, let us know where you're getting stuck.

In short, the key is (as that post says): In the text of your new forum post, reference [the hosted image] in the format: [img]URL[/img]
(replacing 'URL' with the actual internet URL of your image file).

There is also an "Img" button in the forum post editor to help with this.

(NB: I'm not an admin on this site, but I did write those two topics, many years ago.)
Son of a Beach
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Bit Map (NIXANZ)
Region: Tasmania

Re: Attaching links to gallery posts

Postby rwildman » Fri 10 Apr, 2020 4:46 pm

Thanks Son of a Beach. I will try when I get some time.
rwildman
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: New South Wales

Return to Forum & Site