Rennix Gap is a signposted saddle on the Kosciuszko Road and is home to a car park, picnic table and the Rennix Walk trackhead. The gap is named after W.E. Rennix, who was appointed the Shire Engineer (with a salary of Â£350 per year) and was the first to survey the road to Kosciuszko. The road was constructed between 1906-09. A sign at the trackhead reports that Rennix died from pneumonia after having been caught in a blizzard at the gap.