Do you paint landscapes?

Bushwalking pictures.
Forum rules
Please keep the width of embedded images (using [img] [/img] tags) in this forum to no more than 800 pixels wide (this will avoid them being clipped without notice by most users' window sizes). Attached images can be any resolution so long as the file size is no more than 1 MB (attachments will be displayed by the forums as thumbnails no larger than 800 pixels linked to the full-size image).

Please include a description of the pictures' content so that readers know what they're all about.

For topics focussed on narrative rather than the photos, please consider posting in one of the 'Trip Report' forums instead.

Re: Do you paint landscapes?

Postby iandsmith » Sun 22 Mar, 2015 1:07 pm

Interesting thread, thanks for sharing.
iandsmith
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Postby WarrenH » Mon 11 May, 2015 8:15 pm

A Private Puff ... acrylic on stretched canvas.

A Big Smoke ... acrylic on stretched canvas.

Warren.
WarrenH
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Region: Australian Capital Territory

Postby WarrenH » Mon 11 May, 2015 8:17 pm

Sorry, a double posting.
WarrenH

Postby WarrenH » Wed 10 Jun, 2015 6:32 pm

I reworked the painting 'A Private Puff', it had too much detail. (Also), I wasn't happy with the way that I had reproduced it, it looked too harsh.

Warren.
WarrenH

Postby WarrenH » Fri 16 Oct, 2015 12:08 am

A few more sciagraphies from this August past. All water colour works on Arches 300 gsm Medium paper.

Taralga Has Sad Buildings ... the Bicentennial National Trail, Upper Lachlan Shire, NSW.

Lake Barely Sailable ... from the Bicentennial National Trail, in the National Arboretum, ACT.

Siegisdorf's Hut ... in the Upper Wolgan Valley, Western Blue Mountains, NSW.

Passing Storm ... the Glasshouse Mountains, SE Queensland.

A Cold Sunrise ... Walcha Road approaching Hungry Hill, the Bicentennial National Trail, NSW.

Warren.
WarrenH

Postby MarizXW » Wed 04 Nov, 2015 1:47 am

WarrenH wrote:Do you paint scenes on your walks or from your walks or about your region? ... I like to.

I do rough sketches when walking and take many photos and then simplify the elements that appeal. It can take several trips to see what I want to see.

... and then I try to feel the painterly love. I started several paintings this past week in acrylic on paper and acrylic on canvas and I'll finish these with oil/wax scumbling and multiple oil glazes.

I hope that you enjoy a bit of my week's progress. If you paint your landscape, please post images of your works. I'd certainly like to see your work ... especially progress images. Painting is additive not subtractive ... the more you add?

Warren.

looks pretty good man. You have any portfolio site or instagram or something? Would like to see more :mrgreen:
MarizXW
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: Tasmania

Postby paidal_chalne_vala » Sat 21 Nov, 2015 11:06 pm

paidal_chalne_vala
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: VNPA.BTAC.Friends of Baw Baw.
Region: Victoria

Postby paidal_chalne_vala » Tue 01 Mar, 2016 7:36 pm

paidal_chalne_vala
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: VNPA.BTAC.Friends of Baw Baw.
Region: Victoria

Postby WarrenH » Tue 25 Oct, 2016 1:20 pm

MarizXW, Thank you. I have a small collection of paintings and drawings on Deviant Art ... http://wildwassa.deviantart.com/

In August 2015 I took this photo when I was on the BNT crossing New England, looking over the Snowy and Coomara Ranges to Mount Burral Bulal, in NSW. I showed the shot to one of my friends Helen, during a painting class a fortnight ago and she did a quick water colour sketch while she was painting something else. Helen's work conveys a beautiful feeling of the many moving clouds that my image doesn't show. I swapped her one of my works that I did during the class, for it. I did well.

A watercolour work, again from the BNT in the ACT, of pollution below the Tidbinbilla Range. The river is the Murrumbidgee and the logged area on the right was a pine plantation at Paddys River, ACT.

Warren.
WarrenH

Postby Susie » Wed 01 Feb, 2017 4:18 pm

G'day Warren

Love your landscapes but really love your pics of the Brindabellas from 2014. I am just about to record a new CD (in Feb 2017) named after a track I wrote called Brindabella Blue. I'd love to talk to you about possibly buying an image for the CD cover. I live in Lightning Ridge as a full time entertainer now but spent 35 years in Canberra and your pics are so evocative of that magic light of the Brindies. If you are interested, please send me a private message. Would love to hear from you.

Cheers susie
Susie
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: New South Wales

Postby WarrenH » Wed 01 Feb, 2017 7:53 pm

Susie it is very nice to hear from you and thank you for your kind words.

You are most welcome to use any of my images. On DA ... http://wildwassa.deviantart.com/ and on Photobucket ... http://wildwassa.deviantart.com/

I still hold by the Creative Commons copyright, being the freely shared copyright, on the web. So Susie, you're free to help yourself to any my images.

Choose what you like, and if you have further needs concerning formatting or image quality or captioning, please feel free to ring me. I'm old fashioned like that. I'm near Canberra Ph, 02 62540295. My Email isn't working at the moment. It keeps telling me that some one is trying to break in to it ... that someone is me.

Warren.
WarrenH

Postby WarrenH » Thu 02 Feb, 2017 2:35 pm

Susie, I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention, when I posted above. This is my Photobucket collection ... http://s225.photobucket.com/user/WildWa ... t=3&page=1

I'm not sure if you can access both my photo sites without registering ... hopefully you can.

I have replied to your note, but my reply isn't showing in my 'Sent Items' folder. That's why I have also posted here.

Warren.
WarrenH

Postby WarrenH » Thu 02 Mar, 2017 1:21 pm

Shallow water ... and Genoa Peak.

Warren.

PS, If you have walked in the Nadgee Wilderness and you know this finger wharf? I moved it a tad ... because I don't like painting reeds.
WarrenH

Postby WarrenH » Sun 30 Apr, 2017 7:34 am

This is the first preliminary water colour sketch for a larger painting of the Main Range and the Mistake Mountains, Great Dividing Range, SE Queensland. This is the first time that I have used the smooth surfaced hot pressed water colour paper. This paper is normally used for painting fine botanical work. It will take me a few paintings to appreciate the characteristics of the paper, or hopefully it will ... before I start the larger work.

The ranges in the painting are to the East of Allora and Northeast of Warwick.

Warren.
WarrenH

Previous

Return to Gallery