Jack Evans Track, Blue Mountains National Park

Bushwalking pictures.
Forum rules
Please keep the width of embedded images (using [img] [/img] tags) in this forum to no more than 800 pixels wide (this will avoid them being clipped without notice by most users' window sizes). Attached images can be any resolution so long as the file size is no more than 1 MB (attachments will be displayed by the forums as thumbnails no larger than 800 pixels linked to the full-size image).

Please include a description of the pictures' content so that readers know what they're all about.

For topics focussed on narrative rather than the photos, please consider posting in one of the 'Trip Report' forums instead.

Jack Evans Track, Blue Mountains National Park

Postby wbaggs » Sat 16 Jul, 2016 10:27 pm

Thought I would share some photos from a quick walk my son and I did in the Blue Mountains last weekend.
Attachments
Jack Evans Track 1.jpg
Jack Evans Track 2.jpg
Jack Evans Track 3.jpg
Jack Evans Track 4.jpg
Jack Evans Track 5.jpg
Jack Evans Track 6.jpg
wbaggs
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: New South Wales

Re: Jack Evans Track, Blue Mountains National Park

Postby michael_p » Sun 17 Jul, 2016 10:54 am

Nice photos. I've been meaning to do this walk for years but just never seem to get around to it. Feeling a bit more inspired now.

Cheers,
Michael
One foot in front of the other.
michael_p
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Postby wombeyan » Tue 11 Oct, 2016 9:56 am

Has anyone been up the Jack Evans to the Warragamba watershed fire trail. I's like to know whether the track from Erskine Creek still exists. Any info please
wombeyan
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: nil

Postby DaveNoble » Tue 11 Oct, 2016 4:41 pm

wombeyan wrote:Has anyone been up the Jack Evans to the Warragamba watershed fire trail. I's like to know whether the track from Erskine Creek still exists. Any info please

Yes - been up and down that track. The far side is a bit rougher, but still should be OK to follow. The hardest part is going down Erskine Ck a bit and then finding an easy crossing spot - all a bit overgrown with river gums. I have not been there in recent years, but I would not expect things to change too much.

Dave
DaveNoble
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Postby wombeyan1 » Sat 24 Jun, 2017 11:09 am

I am looking at attempting the Jack Evans right up to the Watershed Fire Trail. Almost all comments on this topic are about the tourist track, not the old track on the other side of Erskine creek. Has anyone tried the track up the cliffline on that side of the cliff? If so what is the condition of the old track up on top that leads across the plateau to the fire trail? I have a feeling that David Noble may have been the last. It is quite legal despite the warning signs to walk that track provided you don't actually walk onto the firetrail as the schedule 1 boundary is the northern edge of the road. I would be interested to get any comments back on this old and historic track which was established back when Warragamba Dam was under construction. If it looks good I might get an SBW group up there.
wombeyan1
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Postby wombeyan1 » Sat 24 Jun, 2017 11:15 am

. Thanks for the info. I agree that crossing downstream is made harder by the bank vegetation. It's thick. I thought the maps suggest the real crossing is upstream of where the tourist track comes down with the real track on the right bank. Is that right? Any suggestions for an easy crossing of Erskine Creek?
wombeyan1
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Postby kanangra » Mon 17 Jul, 2017 5:05 pm

I took my pushbike through there a few years back on a ride from Wentworth Falls. Scrub is thick on the river bank and also on the ridge. If you do the trip look out for the seismic gear off the track before it drops down to the creek.

K
kanangra
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Return to Gallery