Nik's Romantic Tips for Impressing Women

For topics unrelated to bush walking or to the forums.

Nik's Romantic Tips for Impressing Women

Postby Son of a Beach » Tue 19 Feb, 2008 12:36 pm

Like many Aussie men, I'm not the most romantic a bloke could be, but I've had two flashes of romatic brilliance in my life (apart from the proposal, of course). The first idea I had came to me a few years ago, and is based on the idea that all women love getting flowers. However, men usually don't know a lot about flowers, and there are so many choices, and lets face it you want to make sure she gets the flowers she would like the most, right? So:

1. Buy her a gift voucher for a florist.

The second idea came to me while I was driving to the beauty therapist a couple of weeks ago (I was going in search of squeezable containers that might fit in the handle of an iPood). On the way there I had my next brilliant romantic idea:

2. Buy her a gift voucher for a beauty therapist for $0, attached to a card which says, "You are so beautiful already, there's nothing more a beauty therapist could possibly do!".

My wife was not impressed by either of these ideas. I just don't understand women sometimes.
Son of a Beach
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Bit Map (NIXANZ)
Region: Tasmania

Re: Nik's Romantic Tips for Impressing Women

Postby frank_in_oz » Tue 19 Feb, 2008 1:31 pm

Strange creatures, O--+ ,they are....what's wrong with picking out your own flowers, they HAVE been paid for!
Good idea, doomed to failure......

As to the beauty therapy.......good line, doomed to failure.

I think what a O--+ wants is effort not ideas........ but what would I know as a O-->
Frank
Check out "Our Hiking Blog" Overland Track guide, Food to Go-recipe ideas and Trekking to Everest Base Camp.
frank_in_oz
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Postby Joe » Tue 19 Feb, 2008 3:38 pm

Son of a Beach wrote:The second idea came to me while I was driving to the beauty therapist a couple of weeks ago (I was going in search of squeezable containers that might fit in the handle of an iPood).

sure...squeezable containers...You don't fool me...manicure and pedicure i bet.. :twisted:

ps...I was going to say sack crack and back wax...but i thought it inapropriate ;)
Joe
in vino veritas
in vino veritas

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Stoney Creek Outdoor Equipment.

Postby TassieMargie » Fri 22 Feb, 2008 9:14 am

and you forgot the leg Wax :lol:
TassieMargie
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Postby the_camera_poser » Sat 10 May, 2008 2:23 pm

As a Yank, I have a different view of women to most Aussie blokes. My view of women is grounded on a different basis- rather than one of desire, respect, admiration, puzzlement, my feelings towards women are grounded in fear.

Definitely fear that is the product of having so many American women in my life prior to becoming an Aussie import.

SO- I have developed the following defensive mechanism which has allowed me to reach the late 30's, alive and largely intact......

1) Find out what the lady likes

2) Find the thing that she likes to do that is the most uncomfortable for you to do with her, but that she is happy to share with you, and

3) Do it with her, cheerfully and entrhusiastically. And yes boys, they are ADVANCED *&^%$#! detectors.

So, I go to quilt stores, spend ungodly amounts of money on little pieces of fabric that my wife hacks up with a rotary cutter and sews back together- Frankenstein-fashion. What the heck, I know what Civil War reproduction fabrics are, the difference in piecing and quilting flannel and cotton, and what candlewicking is.

Hey- I've seen what she can do with that rotary cutter, and yet I still sleep soundly at night.

In the third bedroom. :lol:
the_camera_poser

Postby Peaches » Sat 10 May, 2008 3:36 pm

Hmmm... my beloved husband surprised me with a "voucher" for a pair of ne shoes (all women LOVE shoes) and we bought a lovely new pair of leightweight runners for me! Couldn't have been happier about that since my runners never last longer then 3 month before I need to replace them (don't run more then 1000 km with a pair)...! And (in my eyes) very romantic as well (but I am German and maybe Aussie girls are different... :lol: ). And I don't really like flowers....

Good idea is always a voucher for a massage or a day in a beauty spa, I think... or shoes! :D :D :D
Courage, toughness, power, determination, assertiveness, talent and strong will power is the stuff little girls are made of.
Peaches
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Postby luke.870 » Tue 25 Nov, 2008 5:03 am

Um. While I respect your hard work and your creativity, as well as your efforts … I would have to say, I understand why the thing with the beauty therapist might not have gone down THAT well :D … Imagine your wife giving you … cards for no football game, because you’re so athletic already, or something along those lines. And in my experience, red roses always work when it comes to flowers..
luke.870
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Postby freshairfreak » Wed 26 Nov, 2008 3:37 pm

A tip on what pleases a woman :idea:

A compliment, a hug, a massage (which doesn't lead to anything else), a converstion and being included in what her partner is thinking and feeling. To go somewhere with your lady and not look sideways at another woman.

These thing don't cost anything.... but may take more effort for some men to do than going out and deciding what present to buy.... if this fails then just hand her the credit card and tell her to go do some retail therapy :lol:
freshairfreak
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Postby frank_in_oz » Wed 26 Nov, 2008 4:18 pm

freshairfreak wrote: a massage (which doesn't lead to anything else)

This concept does not compute.................please explain

(sorry, only joking :twisted: promise.... )
Frank
Check out "Our Hiking Blog" Overland Track guide, Food to Go-recipe ideas and Trekking to Everest Base Camp.
frank_in_oz
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Postby geoskid » Thu 27 Nov, 2008 7:15 am

Hey Frank_in_oz, I think it means giving a massage which does'nt lead to..... a reciprical massage! :D - rather deflating. :)
Critical Thinking.. the awakening of the intellect to the study of itself.
http://www.criticalthinking.org/
geoskid
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Postby Taurë-rana » Thu 27 Nov, 2008 9:52 am

This is what I'd like to hear: "I've organised the kids, I've packed the packs, the weather forecast is perfect, let's go bushwalking and I'll carry all the heavy stuff and do the cooking"?
Peak bagging points: 170ish
Recent walks - Picton, Wylds Crag, Rogoona
Taurë-rana
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Postby Kainas » Thu 27 Nov, 2008 10:12 am

Peaches wrote:but I am German and maybe Aussie girls are different... :lol: ). And I don't really like flowers....
D

Nope, I was given some flowers once... through them in the bin..didn't really like the guy, but I hate flowers..honestly could there be a more thoughtless gift? -- "Not sure what is the matter honey, have no idea about what interests you...but the television tells me if I get you a bunch of flowers you will be happy"....yeh nice try.

I was at the beauty therapists one day and heard of a couplke of guys who had bought their girlfriends a brazillian wax as a surprise....
Kainas
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: New South Wales

Return to Between Bushwalks