Forth Falls

Tasmania specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
Tasmania specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

Forth Falls

Postby walkinTas » Sat 29 Dec, 2007 4:25 pm

A few weeks back I heard that the Forth Falls could still be reached on foot. Today I went driving. Just out of Wilmot I headed down a gravel track towards Lake Barrington. I found a lovely road side cafe and a sign pointing the way to the Forth Falls walk (pictures here).

It is an easy, and pleasant 30 minute walk in to the lower falls and another ten minutes to the upper falls. Suitable for all ages - a good family outing.
Last edited by walkinTas on Mon 31 Dec, 2007 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
walkinTas
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Tasmania

Re: Forth Falls

Postby Joe » Sat 29 Dec, 2007 5:06 pm

http://www.taswaterfalls.com/article.ph ... 5E14612197

They certainly are pretty. I havent made it up to the top set. Few years back when i was in there a fair bit of scrub bashing was required to get in. Mate that was with me at time wasnt keen. From sound of things now the the top set are easily accessible. There are a few more sets upriver again...but not that easy to get to.
Joe
in vino veritas
in vino veritas

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Stoney Creek Outdoor Equipment.

Postby walkinTas » Sat 29 Dec, 2007 6:22 pm

The best way, probably the only way up stream would have been across the river (and lots of climbing).

The walk to the two sets of falls in the photos is easy. The last set of falls in the river (not shown) fall straight into the lake. A number of power boats pulled up for a good look at these. I believe that set was very attractive before the dam was built.
walkinTas
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby Joe » Sun 30 Dec, 2007 1:23 am

I was (supposed) to do an updated website for the people at the cafe. Became quite friendly with them. If you ask them they have pictiures of all 7 falls that were once on this rivulet. I never got around to fixing their website...anyone else with a penchant for this kind of thing might be up for it. there was a free lunch on offer.

I must pop back up there and do the other falls. Last time i was there easy access was only really the 2nd falls.

A friend of the family has fond memories of walking up the rivulet, scaling the falls with an old repeater rifle shooting (poaching) trout in the water back in the 1950's. He tells the best stories about the area.
Joe
in vino veritas
in vino veritas

Postby TassieMargie » Thu 10 Jan, 2008 11:05 am

How exactly do people get there? Are there sign posts to let you know where you are going? I Love the images they look like a very dramatic fall. Thanks for the info.
TassieMargie
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Postby Joe » Thu 10 Jan, 2008 1:15 pm

TassieMargie wrote:How exactly do people get there? Are there sign posts to let you know where you are going? I Love the images they look like a very dramatic fall. Thanks for the info.

http://www.taswaterfalls.com/article.ph ... 5E14612197

knock your self out :)
Joe
in vino veritas
in vino veritas

Postby TassieMargie » Fri 11 Jan, 2008 11:04 am

Thanks taswaterfalls for th info.
TassieMargie
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Return to Tasmania