Discussion about this site, including these forums (eg, suggestions, comments, queries). Topics may be manually deleted occasionally (eg, after suggestions dealt with, or changes bedded in).
Post a reply

Leadership Change

Thu 20 Jun, 2013 2:01 pm

I noticed that Son of a Beach has stepped down from his Admin/Moderation roles. So I figured the hand-over must just about be completed.

Nik, I didn't want to see you just go quietly without some acknowledgement - even though you were probably hoping you could. ;)

I would like to publicly thank you for this forum and for the fantastic work you have done over the past six years in setting up and maintaining the forums. This is a mighty resource, only made possible by your generosity. We are all very lucky that it was you who chose to create this resource.

Thank you very much for your efforts. :D :D :D

I hope now you can settle in and enjoy your time as a regular member. I'm quite sure you've left the forum in capable hands.

Welcome to the forum Matt.
Last edited by walkinTas on Mon 24 Jun, 2013 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Leadership Change

Thu 20 Jun, 2013 4:19 pm

+1

It's a truly wonderful resource and a great legacy. Thanks Nik for making it happen, and Matt for carrying it forward.

Thu 20 Jun, 2013 5:18 pm

+2 Well done.

Thu 20 Jun, 2013 6:53 pm

Here here. Many thanks for your hard work and years of dedication Nik. It truly is a wonderful resource.

And many thanks to Matt for taking the reins. Ive always loved your wildwalks website and I have no doubt you'll bring the same dedication to this website.

Thu 20 Jun, 2013 7:17 pm

Nik ,
Thank you for this Forum and welcome Matt however who will be organising the BWT meetup overnight walk now :lol:
corvus

Thu 20 Jun, 2013 7:18 pm

Thanks Nik and Matt. It is a wonderful resource and great entertainment as well.
Your hard work is very much appreciated.

Thu 20 Jun, 2013 7:40 pm

Thankyou Nik. Thank you for all the hard work over the years

With all that spare time, may be you will be able to spend more time bushwalking :-)

Thu 20 Jun, 2013 9:22 pm

Thanks guys for all your kind words. Of course it is the contributions of the members here that has really made the site what it is. A big thanks to tasadam and the other moderators past an present too. Their work is stressful and largely unrewarding.

I know things are going to be great under the new leadership. How do I know? Well, the site actually changed hands about 12 months ago and I've been gradually decreasing my involvement since then.

We've aimed for a slow, quiet and smooth transition in order to avoid causing concern. Now that I'm "out", I can say that wildwalks and the current team have been doing a fantastic job of running things over the last 12 months! Thanks all.

Thu 20 Jun, 2013 10:26 pm

Goodo, does that mean your going to be free to be all controversial and stuff.. like a warning for good measure?? : )
Nah, well done.. I'd have been left here just talking to myself long ago ; )

Thu 27 Jun, 2013 10:42 pm

I'm a bit late in my sentiments, but I'd like to add my 2 bits here. I've been here for more than five years now in one guise or another, and I can honestly say that this site is a fabulous resource. You've done a top job with it Nik! Thank you so much!

Fri 28 Jun, 2013 12:17 am

Nearly didn't read this topic - thought it would be about Kevin Rudd! :lol:
So pleased you have managed to hand over the responsibility Nik, and must add my thanks for starting the forum and setting the standard for mostly friendly communication. I'm particularly grateful as it has been partly responsible for getting me back into walking after many years absence - a very important part of life restored. Hope you can now enjoy more walking with your delightful family.

Sat 29 Jun, 2013 9:12 am

Allow me to add my thanks to you Nik as well. This site has been, continues to be, a most valuable resource for bushwalkers all around Australia. Even though you may not be 'running the show' now, your legacy will remain for a very long time; and for this you are to be congratulated. All the best to you and your young family.
Post a reply