Lees paddocks bridge at pine hut

Tasmania specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
Tasmania specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

Lees paddocks bridge at pine hut

Postby gorby » Sat 10 Nov, 2007 2:55 pm

does anyone have any info on the replacement bridge at pinehut?

I have heard that there is a development proposed for that area for upmarket bushwalkers and fishermen.

Due to employment change,I have not been up that way for quite a few months.
gorby
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

birdgie being renewed

Postby roseart » Sun 25 Nov, 2007 11:09 am

On Sat 24/11 we ventured in the site of the bridge over the Mersey, near Pine Hut and were delighted to discover that it is in the process of being repaired :o roseart

We have a photo of the bridge that now spans the river.
it is still closed- but if it is of interest and someone can tell me how to up load it to this site - we would be happy to do so -roseart
roseart
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Re: birdgie being renewed

Postby Son of a Beach » Sun 25 Nov, 2007 2:32 pm

roseart wrote:if it is of interest and someone can tell me how to up load it to this site - we would be happy to do so -roseart

Hi Roseart... there are instructions for displaying images in the forums in this gallery forum topic. You'll need to actually host the images yourself. If you don't have a web server to host them on, feel free to email them to me, and I'll post 'em for you.

That's great news to here that the new bridge is nearly done!
Son of a Beach
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Bit Map (NIXANZ)
Region: Tasmania

Re: Lees paddocks bridge at pine hut

Postby tastrekker » Fri 07 Dec, 2007 10:04 pm

It's back!

At church on Sunday I spoke to someone who was there last weekend. It sounds like it was a repair job rather than complete replacement as you can still see debris in the grill from the flood.

I know this is second hand and therefore subject to the dangers of Chinese whispers. Perhaps a forum member will be there in the near future to collect photographic evidence.
tastrekker
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Postby The Caveman » Sun 30 Dec, 2007 5:01 pm

Just got back from a tour over Lake Myrtle Tk and returned via Jackson's Ck TK and had a run up Lees Paddocks today. Sore feet (man, that's a steep rise up to Lake Bill), fishing all the way...

I can confirm the bridge is back, and was a repair job. Looks good though. No pics, was too buggered to take out the camera.

Only one problem to go. The repairs have yet to be certified by an engineer, and as such the bridge is taped off and warning signs are in place to use the current ford at the end of the track in. The Mole Ck office of the PWS can advise when the bridge is right to use. Ph: 03 6363 5182.

The gate in from Mersey Forest Rd is also still unlocked. 4WD access to the ford or bridge is currently available for those who prefer a closer start. :wink:
The Caveman
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Postby The Caveman » Mon 31 Dec, 2007 9:10 am

Found this along the way...

Might belong to one of the board members...

Craftily scribed "Adams Chair"...

The Caveman
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Return to Tasmania