Thorsborne Trail - Hinchinbrook Island

Bushwalking pictures.
Forum rules
Please keep the width of embedded images (using [img] [/img] tags) in this forum to no more than 800 pixels wide (this will avoid them being clipped without notice by most users' window sizes). Attached images can be any resolution so long as the file size is no more than 1 MB (attachments will be displayed by the forums as thumbnails no larger than 800 pixels linked to the full-size image).

Please include a description of the pictures' content so that readers know what they're all about.

For topics focussed on narrative rather than the photos, please consider posting in one of the 'Trip Report' forums instead.

Thorsborne Trail - Hinchinbrook Island

Postby danthewanderer » Thu 07 May, 2015 7:23 pm

My favourite photos from Hinchinbrook Island, was there the week before Easter. Long drive, but so worth it :-)

026.jpg
View from Nina Peak
026.jpg (68 KiB) Viewed 8947 times

039.jpg
Nina Bay
039.jpg (75.29 KiB) Viewed 8947 times

089.jpg
Zoe Bay
089.jpg (71.18 KiB) Viewed 8947 times

097.jpg
097.jpg (77.19 KiB) Viewed 8947 times

109.jpg
Mulligan Falls
109.jpg (60.94 KiB) Viewed 8947 times

Story & video:

http://www.danthewanderer.com/thorsborn ... #more-1154

danthewanderer
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: Queensland

Re: Thorsborne Trail - Hinchinbrook Island

Postby andrewa » Thu 07 May, 2015 7:51 pm

Beautiful. Is that the full traverse of Hinchinbrook? ( A mate of mine took his wife on that for their honeymoon!). Would love to visit Hinchinbrook, although saltwater flyfishing would be my first interest there.
A
andrewa
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: None
Region: Victoria

Postby Zone-5 » Fri 08 May, 2015 3:07 am

I have an aversion to salt water crocodiles and Hinchinbrook had some big mamma's. It can be a very dangerous place even besides the prehistoric wildlife and must be approached with the utmost caution! Others can and will surely tell you that things can go dangerously wrong there very quickly for the unprepared... :wink:
... moved to another forum @ 10/10/2015
Zone-5
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Region: Australia

Postby ofuros » Fri 08 May, 2015 5:24 am

Nice one Dan....enjoyed your wanderings. 8)
Mountain views are good for my soul...& getting to them is good for my waistline !
https://ofuros.exposure.co/
ofuros
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Postby neilmny » Fri 08 May, 2015 9:00 am

Your danthewanderer link doesn't seem to work........reports "Server not found"
neilmny
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Victoria

Postby danthewanderer » Fri 08 May, 2015 6:55 pm

andrewa wrote:Beautiful. Is that the full traverse of Hinchinbrook? ( A mate of mine took his wife on that for their honeymoon!). Would love to visit Hinchinbrook, although saltwater flyfishing would be my first interest there.
A

I know others who have visited on more than one occassion, now understand why, awesome place! I so thought about taking a fold down fishing rod, but being a National Park, wasn't sure if it was allowed on the island, so thought better of it :)

Zone-5 wrote:I have an aversion to salt water crocodiles and Hinchinbrook had some big mamma's. It can be a very dangerous place even besides the prehistoric wildlife and must be approached with the utmost caution! Others can and will surely tell you that things can go dangerously wrong there very quickly for the unprepared... :wink:

I was more worried about the stingers, never been stung personally, but have heard first hand that it doesn't tickle!

neilmny wrote:Your danthewanderer link doesn't seem to work........reports "Server not found"

Cheers for the heads up, hopefully working now? Sometimes have to enter a second time, trying to get sorted.
danthewanderer
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Return to Gallery