Binna Burra

Bushwalking pictures.
Forum rules
Please keep the width of embedded images (using [img] [/img] tags) in this forum to no more than 800 pixels wide (this will avoid them being clipped without notice by most users' window sizes). Attached images can be any resolution so long as the file size is no more than 1 MB (attachments will be displayed by the forums as thumbnails no larger than 800 pixels linked to the full-size image).

Please include a description of the pictures' content so that readers know what they're all about.

For topics focussed on narrative rather than the photos, please consider posting in one of the 'Trip Report' forums instead.

Binna Burra

Postby cams » Mon 02 Jun, 2014 5:23 pm

Had a rainy weekend at Binna Burra. Ended up doing the Cave's Circuit and a small circuit on the border track. Not many views to be had because of the low cloud so I stuck to detail and macro shots.

cams
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Region: Tasmania

Re: Binna Burra

Postby carryless » Wed 04 Jun, 2014 10:57 pm

Awesome photos dude!
carryless
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Region: Queensland

Postby awildland » Wed 18 Jun, 2014 9:00 pm

how did you manage to get that turkey to pose so perfectly?! :P
awildland
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: New South Wales

Postby ofuros » Thu 19 Jun, 2014 8:38 am

Great shots, cams. The Brush Turkey caught in a sunlit clearing, is a doozy.
Mountain views are good for my soul...& getting to them is good for my waistline !
https://ofuros.exposure.co/
ofuros
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: Queensland

Postby phan_TOM » Thu 19 Jun, 2014 11:43 am

Nice one cams. It's a bonus to get an overcast day up there and the nice even light. The 'turkey in the spotlight' shot gave me a chuckle.

What sort of macro are you using? I've recently got myself a dedicated 1:1 macro lens so I can't wait to get out in the rainforest looking for fungi and other tiny details.
ALWAYS be yourself.
Unless you can be outside, then ALWAYS be outside.
phan_TOM

Postby cams » Fri 20 Jun, 2014 10:34 am

Thanks for the comments all.

I took about 15 photos of the turkey to get that one. Of them, I think 2 or 3 had the head in focus. I got very lucky with the lighting and focus on this one. The lens was manual focus too haha.

That's a very optimistic way of looking at it Tom. Hadn't really thought of that. I'm using a Leica R mount 60mm macro which I inherited from my grandmother. It has an adapter (essentially an extension tube) to get it to 1:1 but is otherwise 1:2 I think.
cams

Region: Tasmania

Postby phan_TOM » Tue 15 Jul, 2014 2:54 pm

cams wrote:That's a very optimistic way of looking at it Tom. Hadn't really thought of that. I'm using a Leica R mount 60mm macro which I inherited from my grandmother. It has an adapter (essentially an extension tube) to get it to 1:1 but is otherwise 1:2 I think.

Sweet lens cams, good on your grandma. It can be hit and miss receiving items from grandparents but leica glass is is pretty awesome!

I can look forward to a couple of $2 scratchies from mine, might have to have some words :wink:
ALWAYS be yourself.
Unless you can be outside, then ALWAYS be outside.
phan_TOM

Return to Gallery