Trowutta Arch

Bushwalking pictures.
Forum rules
Please keep the width of embedded images (using [img] [/img] tags) in this forum to no more than 800 pixels wide (this will avoid them being clipped without notice by most users' window sizes). Attached images can be any resolution so long as the file size is no more than 1 MB (attachments will be displayed by the forums as thumbnails no larger than 800 pixels linked to the full-size image).

Please include a description of the pictures' content so that readers know what they're all about.

For topics focussed on narrative rather than the photos, please consider posting in one of the 'Trip Report' forums instead.

Trowutta Arch

Postby Davo1 » Fri 19 Apr, 2013 9:22 am

We was on the way to Milkshake Hills Forest reserve yesterday and decided to call in and have a look at Trowutta Arch on the way.
Wasn't going to as we had planned to do it next month when the Fungi are usually at their best.
Boy was I glad we stopped, the weather was kind.the sun was in the right position and put on a show just for us.
Only thing missing was the Dinosaurs.
Not being a photographer it's hard sometimes to portray the same feeling in pictures so I hope you enjoy these.
Attachments
DSC04757.jpg
First glimpse of the Arch
DSC04759.jpg
Now that's a sinkhole
DSC04760.jpg
DSC04775.jpg
looking back out
DSC04780.jpg
No, Nicki is not skiing, just holding my pole. It helps put the size into perspective.
Davo1
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Tasmania

Re: Trowutta Arch

Postby Davo1 » Fri 19 Apr, 2013 9:26 am

More pics
Attachments
DSC04781.jpg
DSC04788.jpg
DSC04792.jpg
DSC04802.jpg
DSC04806.jpg
Last one
Davo1
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Postby seakar » Fri 19 Apr, 2013 7:25 pm

yup there is enough feeling there davo, got all the hairs on my back standing up thanks.
recent expeditions: Mt.Maria, Clemes Pk-Lichen Hill, Schouten is, Adamsons Peak, Mt.Strzelecki, Davey River
seakar
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Postby Buddy » Sat 20 Apr, 2013 8:02 pm

Keep on not being a photographer ! LOL . Good work.
Buddy
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Postby Davo1 » Sun 21 Apr, 2013 10:29 am

Haha, thanks both of you.
I didn't mean I don't take pics, LoL. I take too many, just have to see how long it takes us to go somewhere as opposed to others :-) .
I just hope what I see turns out when I get home and let me assure you that many times it doesn't.
There are a lot more people on this forum much more proficient than I and in many cases I wish I had half their skills.
Always said it would be smart to do a course but I never seem to have the time to fit it in so I guess we'll just keep on taking one step after the other and taking happy snaps along the way.
Glad you enjoyed them, I enjoy taking them.
Cheers
Davo
Davo1
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Postby stepbystep » Sun 21 Apr, 2013 10:50 am

Nice pics Davo1. I'll be passing this spot next week, think I'll stop in. Thanks!
The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders ~ Edward Abbey
stepbystep
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby Davo1 » Tue 23 Apr, 2013 12:19 pm

stepbystep wrote:Nice pics Davo1. I'll be passing this spot next week, think I'll stop in. Thanks!

Hope you get the same light as we did, it really did look special that morning, like someone put a spotlight on it just for us, still get a funny feeling thinking about it.
Davo1
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Return to Gallery