Transport for OT

For people seeking walking companions or transport for the Overland Track in Tasmania
Forum rules
This forum is for people seeking walking companions or transport for the Overland Track. There is a separate forum to find walking companions and transport for other walking areas.

1 This website is not a bushwalking club.
2 Users take responsibility for all actions arising from meetings made via this website.
3 Be totally self-sufficient – your own tent, stove, gear, etc.
4 Walkers under the age of 18 and/or those walking with them should raise the trip with the under 18's parents or legal guardians.
5 Please lock your thread when it is no longer needed. Moderators may lock threads without notice.
More details on these guidelines

Transport for OT

Postby sweetade » Tue 03 Jan, 2017 8:13 am

Hi,
We are are party of 3 looking for extra passengers for transport booked 28th January from Launceston Airport to Cradle Mountain departing at 1130 am. (I imagine could pick up from elsewhere in Launceston). Also Lake St. Clair on 3rd February at 1400 to Launceston.
sweetade
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: Victoria

Re: Transport for OT

Postby Willdsouth89 » Mon 09 Jan, 2017 10:44 am

Hi there

I would be interested in this if you are still looking for a passenger? I originally had a coach booked but they cannot move the return journey from 2nd to 3rd.

What are your travel arrangements? Have you rented a car? Also, do you know what time you expect to arrive in Launceston on 3rd?

Please do let me know how we could discuss further.

Also, because a friend dropped out I am currently going to be travelling solo. It would be great to start the walk together for safety assurance, but please don't hesitate to stay if you'd rather start independently from me.

I'm a 27 year old male from London, UK that runs half marathons so have good fitness, but have never hiked the OT before or carried out a multi-day trek.

Cheers
Will
Willdsouth89
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: Other Country

Postby Willdsouth89 » Mon 09 Jan, 2017 10:47 am

Did you perhaps book the Outdoor Tasmania shuttle?
Willdsouth89
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: Other Country

Postby sweetade » Mon 09 Jan, 2017 10:59 am

Yes, I'm PMing you.
sweetade
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: Victoria

Return to Find Companions or Transport for the Overland Track