Sold [FS ACT] Katabatic Alsek quilt

Once an item is sold, found or thread is no longer needed we move it here. These maybe helpful for historic reasons.

Sold [FS ACT] Katabatic Alsek quilt

Postby Zapruda » Mon 05 Aug, 2019 6:50 pm

I received this from Katabatic last week and took it out for 1 night this weekend. It’s just not for me...

Asking $550 including shipping.
Bought new it is around $830 from Katabatic + a 3 week wait.

Pics - https://imgur.com/a/h5ZzesO

- 900fp goosedown
- Long / wide
- 60g / 2oz overfilll
- Minus 7
- 798 grams on my scales.

It’s is in as new condition and comes with everything for Katabatic. Stuff sack, storage bag, straps and tags. There are some small discolouration marks on the fabric. It came like this from Katabatic. See pics

Price includes shipping anywhere in Aus.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers
Attachments
D34E268F-4A5A-4465-80BD-39031A74C248.jpeg
Last edited by Zapruda on Tue 06 Aug, 2019 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zapruda
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: Australian Capital Territory

Re: [FS ACT] Katabatic Alsek quilt

Postby pfeutry » Tue 06 Aug, 2019 2:24 pm

Can't you send it back to Katabatic given the marks on the fabric? If I'd paid that much for a quilt I would not accept any defects, even minor ones.
Otherwise if you don't need the money now I would suggest waiting for northern hemisphere's winter, you'll probably get a better price for it than on the aussie market.
I have a Grenadier and that's what I am planning on doing for similar reasons to yours (over the last couple years I haven't slept well in the bush, thought it was my mattress than was to narrow, got a larger one, still not happy and had to come to the conclusion that I was probably lacking the cushioning underneath me as well as the feeling of being enclosed... so going back to mummy shape, see what happens!).
pfeutry
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Tasmania

Re: [FS ACT] Katabatic Alsek quilt

Postby Zapruda » Tue 06 Aug, 2019 2:41 pm

pfeutry wrote:Can't you send it back to Katabatic given the marks on the fabric? If I'd paid that much for a quilt I would not accept any defects, even minor ones.
Otherwise if you don't need the money now I would suggest waiting for northern hemisphere's winter, you'll probably get a better price for it than on the aussie market.
I have a Grenadier and that's what I am planning on doing for similar reasons to yours (over the last couple years I haven't slept well in the bush, thought it was my mattress than was to narrow, got a larger one, still not happy and had to come to the conclusion that I was probably lacking the cushioning underneath me as well as the feeling of being enclosed... so going back to mummy shape, see what happens!).

I don't see the marks as an issue. I wouldn't consider it a defect at all. I have had the same marks on new bags from Western Mountaineering. I just wanted complete transparency for the buyer.

I have it listed on a few US sites. I am sure someone will snap it up soon.

I hear you. I have been using WM bags almost exclusively for the past few years, but I like playing with gear and thought I would try the Alsek. If quilts worked for me my search would stop at Katabatic. The design is excellent.

Cheers
Zapruda
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: Australian Capital Territory

Return to Sold Claimed Closed and Expired