FS VIC WILDERNESS THREADWORKS LUXMORE RUCKSACK 48L

Once an item is sold, found or thread is no longer needed we move it here. These maybe helpful for historic reasons.

FS VIC WILDERNESS THREADWORKS LUXMORE RUCKSACK 48L

Postby Lamont » Thu 20 Dec, 2018 11:46 am

FOR SALE--sorry about the pics -click on each (only 4 MP tho') and it will zoom and make it correct.

WILDERNESS THREADWORKS LUXMORE 48L Australian made Ultralight rucksack/backpack.
Bought a couple of months back. In perfect condition.
Used it six times and realised it is bigger than what I need- I have bought a Sonder 36L from the same maker and love it! Both sacks-not a stitch out of place.
The quality is really excellent, I will be sorry to see it go.

Torso size large and belt size large (please contact me if you want clarification on sizing and if it will fit you).
For reference I owned an Osprey Exos in Torso size Medium which is their 'average every person' size and the one they sell in the majority and it worked well. I also owned an Osprey Talon 44 and used the torso size M/L in that. My torso is more or less average for the 'average Ozzie male' (or I dare say, female as well in that sort of height range) in the height range of about 5 feet 7 to about 6 feet or so -I am 1.79m or five feet 10 and 1/2 inches. Obviously if you know your torso size this is easier. Some people over 1.83m have my torso size.
The hip belt is perfectly suitable for anyone with a waist measurement of between 88cms and 100cms.
It weighs just over 930 grams on my scale including all add on (see below) modifications I had made to boost the carrying capacity. About 660 grams I think with them all (foam pad, belt pockets, aluminium stays etc) removed.

The height with 2 rolls is about 750 mm. It is not small-the bottles in the pockets for scale are both one litre and each is 30 cm high and 7cm wide.

The Luxmore is essentially made from a slightly slippery waterproof, abrasion resistant material-LS07. I always use a Nylofume bag (can be bought from ebay and very tough) inside. No need for a cover. The bottom, bottle pockets and hip belt pockets are made from a tough and highly abrasion resistant 210D Gridstop.
In immaculate condition-not a mark on it. The bottom does not have a mark either.

Mine has the following modifications;
-A black VX21 waterproof tough back panel.

-Two really spacious removable and reversible hip belt pockets-easily takes a large phone in each one, (4.5 cms deep!) with plenty of room to spare. Zips closed front to back, so won't get dragged open by bush accidently (but can be easily reversed) -see my pic for scale. ($50 for two add on)

-Two easily removable and importantly, adjustable aluminium stays (see my pic)-these extend the comfortable carry capacity to 15 kgs-tested by the maker himself. If you look at the pics from the side you can see the fitted nature of pack made by the aluminium stays -they are holding the pack in a slight curve to fit my body. You can also see the curve of the stays in the internal picture-they are well held into those channels with velcro closures. Easy to take out and form to your own body shape!
Yes, you can fit this to your own body! They also make a little bit of an air gap between your back and the rucksack. Can’t remember the exact charge -I think it was $15.

-Back panel sleeve (see inner pic) suitable for hydration bladder and/or foam back panel. ($15 add on)

-Also has removable dense foam back panel (see inner pic)-so you won’t feel anything against your back!
Can act as a sit/legs pad($15 add on)

-You can see also on my pictures I added a really nicely padded lumbar pad for even smoother carry! This makes the hip belt one continuous padded belt. The aluminium stays attach to the back of this for excellent load transfer to the belt. In the first and last picture you can also see a strong and adjustable stabiliser strap which goes from the hip belt to the rucksack body-this stops swaying of the body of the rucksack and holds it very firmly in place. The load transfer to the hips is excellent.($10 add on)

You can easily reach the water bottles and even reach INTO the pockets with it on, and importantly two one litre bottles fit in each side comfortably.Both pockets have a drainage hole with grommet and an adjustable bungee cord so you won't lose your bottles.
The hip belt is excellent, one of the most (probably the most) comfy and supporting ones I have used. The transfer of weight to it is excellent. I carried twelve and a half kgs three times to test it and it rode really very well. I couldn’t fault it.

If you were to strip out all the add on modifications, and go frameless you would be looking at a rucksack of about 660 grams with a hip belt with a load capacity of 11 kilograms according to the maker.
In the pictures I have it with about five rolls. This is truly a 40 Litre internal compartment even with it rolled enough to close it comfortably. In fact it is a wee bit over the 40 litres more like 43, when I measured it.
$300 includes postage. Starting price is $280 new- you can get all the extras and increased load carry capacity and ability to adapt to a really wide range of uses for a small impost.
Any questions just ask-or pm me. Thanks.
Attachments
20181220_111200.jpg
20181220_111222.jpg
20181220_111249.jpg
20181220_111352.jpg
20181220_111747.jpg
20181220_111300.jpg
Last edited by Lamont on Mon 24 Dec, 2018 10:27 am, edited 12 times in total.
Lamont
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: https://www.againstmalaria.com/
Region: Other Country

Re: FS VIC WILDERNESS THREADWORKS LUXMORE 48L

Postby Nuts » Fri 21 Dec, 2018 10:51 am

It's good to see some close photos. He really needs to give a tester to one of the prolific walker-bloggers, that looks like quality workership, equal to the US offerings.

Why are you selling?
Nuts
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Tasmania

Postby Eljimberino » Fri 21 Dec, 2018 12:04 pm

Yes great looking pack.
Eljimberino
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Western Australia

Postby Lamont » Fri 21 Dec, 2018 3:10 pm

Yes, manufacturing quality is really excellent.
So much so, I trusted Dan at Wilderness Threadworks to make me another rucksack.
Lamont
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Re: FS VIC WILDERNESS THREADWORKS LUXMORE RUCKSACK 48L

Postby Lamont » Thu 27 Dec, 2018 10:53 am

$285 posted.
Lamont
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Postby ScorpioBoyRising » Sat 29 Dec, 2018 6:10 pm

Where are you located?
ScorpioBoyRising
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Region: Victoria

Postby Lamont » Sat 29 Dec, 2018 6:39 pm

Near Geelong, just south. Just pmed you.
Cheers
Lamont
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Postby Lamont » Tue 01 Jan, 2019 11:41 am

Forgot to post a picture (my daughter just reminded me!) of how you remove and personalise and shape the aluminium stays to significantly boost the carry capacity.
If you look at this picture combined with my interior photo (had to get one from sectionhiker I couldn't hold the sack properly and take the photo at the same time) it is exactly the same.
Superior Wilderness Designs ( SWD Long Haul 50 in the photo) use exactly the same size stays and system. Lift the velcro tab which you can see on my photo which is 20cms long and very secure, slip out the stay etc. All very easy. It is obviously preshaped so you have a starting point if you wish to change it.
Attachments
The-frame-stays-are-pre-shaped-for-ease-of-use.jpg
The-frame-stays-are-pre-shaped-for-ease-of-use.jpg (47.1 KiB) Viewed 4018 times
Lamont
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Postby Lamont » Tue 01 Jan, 2019 4:18 pm

SOLD. Gone to a good home.
Lamont